• If you received a call back card please call the phone number on the call back card
• If you received a letter “Residential Request for Information” please click on the following link.
Please enter your
as provided on the letter
• Right to enter on and inspect property 294:
(1) After giving reasonable notice to the owner or occupier of any property, an assessor may at any reasonable time, for the purpose of carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the assessor under Parts 9 to 12 and the regulations,
(a) enter on and inspect the property,
(b) request anything to be produced, and
(c) make copies of anything necessary to the inspection.
(2) When carrying out duties under subsection (1), an assessor must produce identification on request.
(3) An assessor must, in accordance with the regulations, inform the owner or occupier of any property of the purpose for which information is being collected under this section and section 295.
• Duty to provide information 295: (1) A person must provide, on request by an assessor, any information necessary for the assessor to carry out the duties and responsibilities of an assessor under Parts 9 to 12 and the regulations.
(2) The Alberta Safety Codes Authority or an agency accredited under the Safety Codes Act must release, on request by an assessor, information or documents respecting a permit issued under the Safety Codes Act.
(3) An assessor may request information or documents under subsection (2) only in respect of a property within the municipality for which the assessor is preparing an assessment.
(4) No person may make a complaint in the year following the assessment year under section 460 or, in the case of designated industrial property, under section 492(1) about an assessment if the person has failed to provide any information requested under subsection (1) within 60 days from the date of the request.
(5) Information collected under this section must be reported to the Minister on the Minister’s request.
(6) Despite section 294(1) and subsection (1) of this section, where an assessment of property is the subject of a complaint under Part 11 or 12 by the person assessed in respect of that property,
(a) the assessed person is not obligated to provide information or produce anything to an assessor in respect of that assessment, and
(b) the assessor has no authority under section 294(1)(c) to make copies of anything the assessed person refuses to provide or produce relating to that assessment until after the complaint has been heard and decided by the assessment review board or the Municipal Government Board, as the case may be.